Time 1.2 hrs
Prerequisites What is Sport?
Departments Physical Education
Authors Marco Kong
Minimum Year Group None
In this free learning unit you will understand the basics of badminton and how it works.
What is needed to run this unit?
Do not try and force this. What areas of other subjects might this reflect and/discuss language. For IB, links with ToK.
What was successful? What needs changing? Alternative Assessments and Lesson Ideas? What other Differentiation Ideas/Plans could be used?
Any CC attribution, thanks, credit, etc.
This page requires you to be logged in to access it. Please login and try again.
Choosing A Racket
- There are 2 rackets inside the Free Learning box in C108, which you can sign out.
- If needed, ask Mr. Chan for the storage room key to get some more.
- Take some time to compare and use different rackets.
- Compare how they feel in your hands, and when you move them through the air.
- Start warming up by hitting the shuttlecock with the racket up in the air.
- Repeat the process multiple times
Learning The Basics
- Understand the basics of badminton and how to play it efficiently by watching the video below:
Back & Forth
- You will need to find a partner to do this.
- Start by hitting the shuttlecock up over the badminton net, or at the volleyball court.
- Have the partner hit the shuttlecock back to you.
- Repeat this process for 20 minutes, seeing what you learn as you go.
- Record a video of you and your partner rallying the shuttlecock and submit that clip as evidence to your Free Learning.
There are no records to display.